Join Emmy-award winning Filmmaker and Advocate Ginger Kathrens for a series of screenings, presentations and discussions in the Chicago area. Gain insight into the complex and beautiful world of wild horses and the incredible danger they are in and what can be done to save them.
Ginger’s latest documentary “Cloud: Challenge of the Stallions” premiered this fall on PBS Nature series and continues the lifelong documentation of Cloud, a pale wild stallion in Montana. Learn about the making of the film and get a behind the scenes view into the world of wild horses.
Bring friends and family to see and learn more. The Cloud Foundation will be selling books, DVDs, Calendars, the new Breyer model set and more to support our ongoing efforts to save America’s wild horses and burros. A great time to do your holiday shopping and help the horses! Details here. Download the Event Flier here.
- Thursday evening 12/10 – “Cloud: Challenge of the Stallions” Premiere screening and discussion with the filmmaker. 7:30pm at the Trinity United Methodist Church 1024 Lake Avenue, Wilmette. Street parking. Free
- Friday 12/11 – “Cloud: Challenge of the Stallions” screening and presentation. 6:30-8:30 pm at the University of Illinois Conference Center – 1100 E. Warrenville Road, Naperville. Suggested $10 donation ($5 students)
- Saturday 12/12 – Book and DVD signing and discussion with Ginger Kathrens. 10:00am at The Book Stall, 811 Elm St. Winnetka.
- Saturday afternoon 12/12 – “Cloud: Challenge of the Stallions” screening and presentation. 2:00-4:00pm at the Hoffman Estates, Northern Illinois University Conference Center – 5555 Trillium Blvd, Dekalb. Suggested $10 donation ($5 students)
- Sunday morning 12/13 – A Stable-side Chat with Ginger Kathrens: film clips interwoven with discussion. 10:30am-12:30pm at Danada Equestrian Center – 3 South 501 Naperville Rd, Wheaton. Suggested $10 donation ($5 students)- free for Danada volunteers.