Dear Supporters– the efforts made by so many on behalf of these horses are staggering, we feel that we can make real change if we keep up the pressure. Thank you for everything you have done and are doing!
Just wanted to post a quick all-inclusive update to keep everyone up-to-date:
1. AUCTION: The Pryor auction is to be held on Sept. 26th outside of Lovell, WY- 57 horses, including 12 over ten years old, will be up for adoption. Older horses who aren’t adopted will be sold. We are still working on plans A, B, and C to save these older horses and keep the band stallions with their mares. Thank you for your outpouring of support and work– we will keep you updated on these efforts. These older horses should never, ever have been removed from their wild home. Read more details on the auction by clicking here. There is camping available nearby, click here for more information.
2. BLM ADVISORY BOARD MEETING & MUSTANGS on the HILL in Washington DC: Please bring your friends (and ask pro-mustang Celebrities to come) to Arlington, VA for the BLM Advisory meeting! This board has been stacked against the horses for over a decade, let’s make a strong showing for the horses and the future of our wild herds! Then let’s head to the hill… On Tuesday, Sept. 29th we’ll start out with a press conference and then fan out for meetings with Senators. Read more here! Here is a great new article on the ROAM act, let’s get this passed immediately.
3. KEEP CALLING: Let’s keep up the calls, e-mails, faxes and letters.
Please take time to call and write your local media as well as national media— we have made an incredible impact but we cannot let up now. Tell them that this is an issue that matters to YOU, ask them to involve you or another local advocate in the story.
Ask for the release of the older horses and reform of the BLM’s Wild Horse and Burro Program, fax your comments as well:
- White House Switchboard – 202-456-1414 (fax: 202-456-2461) E-mail here Ask for Senior Advisors: Valerie Jarrett and David Axelrod. Ask for Michelle Obama too, her office is recieving a tremendous number of calls and they need to continue.
- Call your Senators – switchboard 202-224-3121 and ask that they support S1579, The Restore our American Mustang (ROAM) Act
- Call the Senate Committee of Natural Resources – 202-224-4971 (fax 202-224-6163) Email here. ask that they push the ROAM Act through immediately– it must go up for a vote soon in the Senate
Demand reform for our wild horses!